VEMCO Launches New Products
Introducing the VR2Tx Transceiver, VR2AR Acoustic Release and Transceiver, and the V4 Coded Transmitter
The VR2Tx transceiver combines a VR2W receiver and a V16-like transmitter that allows communication with units while still deployed. The VR2AR acoustic release and transceiver combines a VR2Tx with a built-in acoustic release. The VR2Tx and VR2AR maintain all of the existing features of the VR2W plus much more.
- Improve fine scale positioning results using the built in transmitter as a sync tag
- Retrieve receiver status on demand from the surface via communications with the VR100 tracking receiver and transponding hydrophone (VR100 and hydrophone sold separately)
- monitor health, tilt, range, temperature, battery life and memory of deployed units
- verify number of detections in units with the programmable watch table
- determine which receivers are in range of the VR100 (unit discovery mode)
- locate potentially lost units
- VR2AR’s quick and reliable acoustic release enables remote release of deployed units typically within one minute
The V4 180 kHz coded transmitter opens up a new world for small fresh and salt water species research.
- Smaller fish, more species – weighing just 0.24 grams in water (0.42 grams in air), the V4 enables researchers to track and monitor smaller fish and a broader range of species than ever before!
- Detect more tags – the 180 kHz frequency allows the receiver to detect large numbers of fish simultaneously making it ideal for fast flow, high residency situations.