At Innovasea, we are creating the possibility for sustainable use of our ocean and freshwater ecosystems. Doing this effectively will require deep knowledge of how these ecosystems function, and our product line of acoustic tags, receivers and environmental sensors is the top choice of researchers worldwide who need to understand the lives of fish and other aquatic animals and their ecosystems.
We’re not satisfied with incremental improvement; our vision is to drive a revolutionary leap forward in the understanding of our ocean and freshwater ecosystems through the development of new and innovative technologies. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
Currently we are seeking an experienced Technical Writer. The Technical writer is responsible for the development and maintenance of assembly manuals for Production. As a flexible member of the Production team, the Technical Writer is willing to accommodate changing requirements in a Production environment. This includes being trained on production tasks to solidify conceptual understanding.
- Development of documentation for new products/processes
- Updating existing documentation
- Providing specific instructions on the operation of specialized equipment
- Being responsive to requests from production staff to improve techniques, processes, etc.
- Identifying problem areas in the production process and providing clarification in the form of new and/or improved documented processes
- Maintaining a formalized structure, change procedure and cataloguing system for documentation
- Acting as a liaison between Production Engineering, Production Supervisors and Production Staff on the introduction of new processes.
- Ensuring that any hazards are properly labelled and accounted for with signage/documentation
- Working to identify the best ways to present documentation to staff.
- Working with supervisors to improve efficiency on the production floor
- Functioning as a primary resource for those outside of production looking for process details.
- Act as photographer and photo editor for any Production/Production Engineering tasks requiring photo documentation
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the use of the Microsoft Office family of products including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- The Technical Writer will be familiar with advanced Microsoft Word concepts; including paragraph styles, headers/footers, sections and smart fields (bookmarks, numbered items, etc.). Experience formatting documents for electronic and printed distribution.
- Experience with configuration management and issue tracking systems. Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence would be considered an asset.
- Post processing of images (format conversion, cropping, color correction, reducing file size, etc.) is a significant aspect of the Technical Writer role so knowledge of and experience with related concepts is a requirement.
- Experience with desktop publishing concepts and tools such as Photoshop would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, electronic concepts and Lean manufacturing methods or aptitude in same would also be considered an asset.
- Having exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, is a firm requirement. This includes being an active listener, taking notes efficiently and ensuring closed loop feedback to clarify requirements.
- Other necessary attributes include: being highly organized, thorough, attentive to detail, and consistently working in a safe and conscientious manner.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including free parking and onsite gym facilities.
No phone calls, please. No unsolicited third-party recruiters or agencies, please.