Customer Education Specialist
At Innovasea, we are enabling sustainable use of our ocean and freshwater ecosystems. Working with the Vemco Fish Tracking team, you will be a key player in helping researchers to get the most out of the science-focused hardware and software products that they purchase from us. As the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry products for tracking aquatic species, we have been helping researchers to understand aquatic animal movement patterns and behaviour across the globe for over 35 years. Our company is growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
About the Opportunity
Are you detail-oriented and tech-savvy? Do you enjoy finding creative ways to relay technical information to laypeople and helping them to solve their problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment?
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Customer Education Specialist will collaborate with key stakeholders (Product Management, Customer Success, Software Development, and R&D) to design, develop, and publish help systems for hardware and software products, work with subject matter experts to develop technical papers on key topics addressing customer pain points, and assist with the development of customer training materials using multiple delivery methods. As part of a front-line team dedicated to ensuring customer success, you will play an integral role in helping our customers to seamlessly accomplish their goals using Innovasea products.
- Achieving and maintaining technical understanding of Innovasea Fish Tracking products
- Designing and writing hardware and software product help systems in a variety of formats (HTML, PDF, other)
- Working effectively with subject matter experts, marketing staff, software developers, and product managers to create, design and develop internal and customer training materials using multiple delivery methods
- Assisting with development of in-person customer training programs
- Creating photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts to be included in technical manuals and documentation
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of published technical materials and managing updates and revisions
- Ensuring that all technical documentation adheres to the organization’s branding and regulatory standards
- Developing creative technical content that will inspire and engage our customers
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in developing technical documentation
- Expert knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to understand and translate complex technical information into simple language
- Excellent organizational skills and highly self-directed with solid ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities within established deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to research and obtain information on product usage and customer pain points
- Understanding of and experience with creating learning support materials, such as quick reference guides, brochures, and other support materials
- Attention to quality and accuracy and highly detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills for building collaborative relationships with others coupled with demonstrated experience of being a team player
- Knowledge of Agile process and principles
- HTML/CSS experience
- Photography and graphic design experience
- Demonstrated experience in the manipulation of images (format conversion, cropping, color correction, reducing file size) for use in different applications
- Self-motivated with a keen interest in skills development and personal growth
- Post-secondary degree in English, Communication, Technical Writing, Instructional Design or related field
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience with MadCap Flare software
- Experience with Camtasia or similar software
- Experience with Salesforce Knowledge and Customer Communities
- Videography experience
Why Join Innovasea?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, free parking, and onsite gym facilities (including table tennis!). We provide opportunities for growth within the company, a flexible and fun work environment, and are involved in many non-profit community events.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.